The Costume Contest will be “Runway” style. There will be no pre-judging. Contestants can enter in store bought or homemade costumes. This competition is open all skill levels.
PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED AS FOLLOWS:
* Best Female
* Best Male
* Best Group
* Best Kid
1. One entry per person. No separate entries from the same person. All entries must have purchased a ticket to NashvilleCon
3. All costumes must come from an established cartoon, comic book, anime, video game, manga, novel, or movie.
4. All contestants must fill out the entry form 45 min prior to the start of the contest. (3:15 pm)
5. All costumes must be PG. No nudity or risqué costumes. No costume is no costume.
6. No bad behavior. You know what that means. No trash talking, sabotage or poor sportsmanship. Improper behavior will get you removed from the competition and possibly the convention. Remember, we’re all here to have fun.
7. Costumes and props must adhere to the convention and hotel policies. No harmful or dangerous weapons, no offensive or obscene costumes. Do no harm and use your best judgment. The judges reserve the right to disqualify any entrant for any reason.
Contest is at 4:00pm.
Roll Call will be 30 min before, and all contestants need to be in the staging area at that time for line up. More details will be given when you sign up.
Contest Registration will take place at show Registration There you will give your name, stage/cosplay name, your costume/fandom, the category you are entering and anything else you think we need to know about your cosplay. We will cap the contest around 150 entrants, so make sure you sign up early!
When it is your turn, strut your stuff and show off your cosplay. Please limit your time to 3 poses, so everyone has ample time to shine,
Judges will select 3 finalists for each category based on costume, creativity, stage presence and overall impression.
The audience will then select the winner of the category based on cheers.
Judges decisions are final.
If you do not want to have your costume weapons inspected or tagged, or if you are not willing to comply with these policies, please do not bring your costume weapon.